Standard Data Products
This folder contains information related to the standard suite of data products created by the Okeanos Explorer team including naming conventions and appropriate use of data products.
- Appropriate use of visuals collected aboard the Okeanos Explorer and/or With NOAA-furnished equipment
- The question has been raised concerning image/data use. From discussions in June 2010, the following are some key principles for ownership and credit as directed by the Office of Ocean Exploration and Research. The same policies hold true for all "data"
- Best Practices: Discovering Video on the EX FTP Server
- This document outlines the recommended practices for discovering videos clips recorded aboard the NOAA Ship Okeanos Explorer and stored on the EX FTP Server located at the University of Rhode Island (URI). This document does not apply to the upcoming Video Database Management System (VDBMS) being developed at the NOAA Central Library (NCL).
- Reference: Naming Convention and Standards
- Naming Convention Standards
- Reference: EX Camera Naming Conventions
- List of all ship and vehicle mounted cameras. Include the short names for each camera used in naming video clips and still images.
- Reference: NMEA Sentence Definitions
- A collection of NMEA0183-complient sentences used in relation to sensors and vehicles aboard the Okeanos Explorer.